Important Administrative Information (IAI) is a quarterly mailing that delivers the latest news about Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts products and services to employers and consultants.
To help members with type 1 and 2 diabetes better manage their care, we have added an enhanced diabetes eye care benefit to our Blue 20/20 Exam Only and Exam Plus plans, effective July 1, 2019. Learn more
Beginning in June for July renewals and beyond, we’re removing the member suffix from our Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts member ID cards. This change to member ID cards doesn’t impact health care coverage and doesn’t require a new card to be sent to all members.
Effective July 1, 2019, we’ll implement changes to our retail specialty pharmacy network and to the medications these pharmacies can fill. Learn more.
Beginning July 1, 2019, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts will cover the following services for members under 19 years old:
- In-Home Behavioral Health: Behavior Management Monitoring and Behavior Management Therapy
- In-Home Therapy: Therapeutic Clinical Intervention and Ongoing Therapeutic Training and Support
- Intensive Care Coordination
- Community Based Acute Treatment for Children and Adolescents (CBAT)
- Intensive Community Based Treatment for Children and Adolescents (ICBAT)
- Mobile Crisis Intervention
Read the full article for more information.
With our new and improved Medication Lookup tool, members, prospective members, and providers can easily find important information about any medication, including coverage, strength, and additional requirements. Learn more.