BlueFit is a comprehensive health plan that not only gives members the ability to lower annual costs, but actually helps them increase Health Savings Account (HSA) savings over time, avoid cost surprises, and invest in their future health care.
It’s a smart fit because it drives engagement, helps subscribers become better consumers of healthcare, and reduces costs — all by using prompts, nudges, incentives and technology to create proactive, ongoing engagement from day one.
Medical, mental health, pharmacy, wellness, dental offerings, plus critical illness and accident coverage
BUILT-IN HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT
Automatically insulates against unexpected costs
Powerful incentives & guidance via MyBlue and Team Blue
Highly rated, highly anticipated
BlueFit was designed with the input of nearly 1,200 employers, employees and health care experts. Then road-tested with over 432 hours of research, testing and learning. The results are in, and they show this new plan is the right fit, and right on time:
- 87% of employers found BlueFit appealing
- 72% of employees agree
* Those rating 4 or 5 on a 5-point scale ranging from 1 “Very unappealing” to 5 “Very appealing”
Medical + Pharmacy
- BlueFit HMO Access Blue New England Saver
- BlueFit Preferred Blue PPO Saver
- Unique deductible structure & set copays
- Comprehensive pharmacy benefits with an online retail pharmacy and standard pharmacy benefits including PillPack with the respective discounts
Health Savings Account (HSA) managed by HealthEquity (HEQ)
- Earned incentive & reward dollars are auto deposited to the HSA
- Employers required to contribute 30% (or more) of the plan deductible to the subscriber’s HSA
Day One Engagement powered by behavioral economics
From day one, BlueFit will keep subscribers engaged with a year-long sequence of financial and motivational incentives, plus an employer contribution of at least 30% of the deductible, that can total $1,800 or more per year for a family plan. It’s a plan designed to reach employees’ lives and draw them into their benefits to improve their behaviors while proactively lowering and managing annual costs.
BlueFit includes a unique incentive program that meaningfully offsets deductibles and increases the likelihood of member engagement with healthy behavior and digital engagement.
- Subscribers can earn up to $600 in incentives that will be automatically deposited to their HSA and funded by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- $100 – three easy steps: provide contact information, opt into digital communication preferences, and authenticate a subscriber MyBlue account
- $100 Financial wellness
- $50 to register for HealthEquity and use the HSA Plan Optimizer tool
- $50 for personally contributing at least $1 into their HSA
- $100/quarter – ahealthyme Rewards program to encourage healthy habits for a total of $400/year
Intuitive programs and benefits that are always accessible
- Accident and critical illness coverage included, underwritten and administered by USAble LifeSM
- If an employee, spouse or covered dependent receives a critical illness diagnosis or has an accident, BlueFit’s supplemental coverage switches on automatically, and pays directly to them . No claims to file, no paperwork.
- Fitness & weight loss reimbursements
- NEW increased reimbursement rates of $300 for fitness and $300 for weight loss
- Dental care offerings
- Toothpic provides a convenient way to get clinical recommendations from a licensed dentist,.without leaving home
- Subscribers can order at no cost: one adult Sonicare Bluetooth®’’-enabled toothbrush and one toothbrush per child for children ages 5-12